Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Goal #1

I still haven't gotten around to sharing with you all my goals for this new year. I've got some pretty good ones. Some day I'll post about them.

But, I can share with you one of them. I own 2 bread machines. I lost a part to one of them and just never got around to replacing it. Machine #2 was given to me years ago and just never made a good loaf of bread. So, both machines have been sitting in my basement for about 4 years. Until 2009 came around!



One of my goals this year was to get one of them working well. Machine #2 was moldy. It was bad! I decided that it wouldn't be safe to bake bread in a machine filled with mold. Both yeast and mold thrive where it is warm and moist.

So, I had to find the part for machine #1. And I did! For a total of $10 I have fixed my machine. Still haven't used it yet. But, not bad for it only being January 13th.

3 comments:

Robin Whitted said...

You make me laugh! Good job! Now, can you come over because one of my goals is go through my basement and clean it out from all the stuff I haven't used in years! I am far from being a pack rat, but we have accumulated things we don't need or use over the last 8 years of living in this house.

Courtney said...

Way to go! I gave my breadmaker away since I wasn't using it very often. And I haven't missed it at all! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, I need a new belt for my bread maker. I can't find it anywhere. I checked on line and my lovely husband went to a couple stores trying to find one that would work to no prevail. Apparently magic chief doesn't sell their belts you have to buy a whole new machine. Bummer!! So far I'm still pouting and haven't broke down to buy a new one. I thought I was getting a new one for christmas but that didn't happen.