Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Random Happenings

:: I put Maggie in a diaper tonight. Out of 7 days she has had one dry night. The nights that she's been wet have been horrible. Jamie changes her once and I change her twice. Yes, she wets 3 times every night. It's like having a newborn in the house. My kids are way past the waking up stage and I'm out of the practice. So, hello again diapers. You are my friend.

:: I make chocolate chip cookie bars that are really really good. I'm not a super great cook, but for some reason I can make these very well.

:: Michael got his report card yesterday. It's a lot like all the other years. All 4's (4 being the highest grade) in every subject... except Moral Focus. He actually got a 3 in there this time. This is the area that is all about respect, self control, you know... the stuff that Michael isn't quite as good at right now.

:: Jamie has been working on our church building a lot. I mean a lot! Maggie and I stopped in there yesterday to see him and take him out to lunch. The building is really really neat. I wish you all could see it. It's kind of fun. Of course, my favorite thing is being able to see right when you walk in the door where your kids go. It's so family friendly from that stand point. I'm really excited for it to be finished though. And probably not for the reasons that most other people are.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I wish Mark and I could be there to help you guys build!

P.S. We've still got one in pull-ups at night too, and mine are 5 and 6! For us, the Walgreen brand ones work great (they don't have the side openings), but ours only wets once a night so I don't know how absorbent they are if she's going that much. We limit drinks at night--no liquids--at all--after dinner. That seems to make a huge difference for us.

Robin Whitted said...

Same thing with my son, Aaron, who is 5. He was dry one night out of 6! I was cleaning up the mess 2-3xs a night! So we went back to pull ups! There is something that I'm looking into that my friend has had success with - it is something you put in their underwear and an alarm goes off if there is one drop! It worked on both of her children and some neighbor kids as well. I think it's $50. We're going to do it over Christmas break - I'll keep you updated!