Friday, August 29, 2008

Aug. 30, 2001


Michael will be 7 years old tomorrow... It brings tears to my eyes. Not sure exactly what feeling is causing that reaction. I think I just feel like I treat him so old that I'm missing out on the young things.

Tonight, while tucking him in to bed, he started giggling and said, "Remember when I was a baby and they kicked me out of the nursery at the hospital because I was crying so much and woke up all the other babies?"

It cracked me up! Little did I know then that I would have a very boisterous boy. He gets in trouble all the time for the volume of his voice.

Later I remembered holding him when the nurse brought him back to us. He snuggled right up to me and fell soundly asleep on my chest... that memory makes me cry :)

2 comments:

Pudgy Pencils said...

so sweet ... i know the time with our own little guy will pass super fast (already is) and this post just made it hit home even more. it'll make me want to give him some extra-long cuddles this week to enjoy 'em while i can before he gets to be too much of a big boy for all those mommy kisses :)

Sonja said...

So sweet!!!! :) Happy Birthday, Michael. A day late. LOL.