Friday, July 25, 2008

Filling My Days

The kids and I have been having a great summer! You know, this really feels like my first official Summer Vacation. Last year, after Michael completed Kindergarten, the days didn't feel any different. But this year it does!

I love waking up whenever I want to. Within reason, of course. We do have 2 children running around. But, they've been sleeping well too. I usually figure around 8 is when I have to be 'on' for the day.

I love trying to come up with something to do for the day. I'm a planner. Not a very good one. But, I do try to plan out the week ahead so that I know what to expect. We pretty much get together with friends or do something each day.

What I haven't done very well at all is making sure Michael stays on top of school stuff. They say that kids lose so much over the summer. The second grade teachers really stressed this. Saying that it's a very critical time.

Michael does read a lot everyday. I'm not worried about him falling behind in that. He was tested at the beginning of first grade and passed at a third grade reading level. reading skills and comprehension. So, even if he does fall behind where he was he'll still be ahead. Huh, somehow that makes sense this morning. (Notice that it's after 8 and I'm awake... all by myself. Maybe I should go back to bed.)

So we've got reading down. But, Michael's penmenship is horrible! So is his mother's spelling and grammer :) He has rarely written anything. Oh wait, he did make a HUGE birthday list. His b-day is Aug. 30. He even had Jamie photocopy it so he could give it to his MeeMa.

Well, I'm not alone anymore. The day has begun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should email me Michael's b-day list. I would love to see it!!