Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Re-Cap

Michael's appointment went well? yesterday with the oral surgeon. He's doing great. He's so excited because he was told that he can rough house again. He's been refraining from playing rough with Jamie for a long time. I'm sure the light sabor's and rubberband guns are going to be dug out of the closet this afternoon.

I refuse to go anywhere today. Besides drop off / pick up of Michael. It's really really cold again. Yesterday just about killed me. Maggie and I were in and out all day. I never warmed up. Maggie was complaining that her feet hurt because she was so cold. She begged for a hot bath.

Plus, the house is super duper trashed. Every spoon, plate, glass, and bowl is dirty and sitting on my kitchen counter. Every sock, underpant, jean, towel, and pj is piled high either in the hallway, bedroom floor, even the living room. The house isn't just messy... it's dirty. It will take me awhile today to tidy it up and then clean it.

My goal is to tidy up the whole house, wash all the clothes (that includes folding and putting them away), and do all the dishes (wash by hand and put away). Dusting, vacuuming, and wiping of any kind will be done at another time.

Of course, my work load is a little bit lighter than what I'm conveying to you. Micheal does have an after school list that he does everyday that includes putting his own clothes away and wiping down the bathroom. So, those jobs will get done too.

Wow, it's already 11!?! I better start moving. My strategy on days like this? I set my oven timer for 15-20 minutes and rush around and clean as fast as I can. I make Maggie wait during this time if she needs me for anything. After the timer goes off, and after I've taken care of Mag's, I reward myself with 10-15 minutes of computer time. Usually my reward is reading just one blog, writing one email, or playing one game. Actually less than the time I give myself. Then, I set the timer again and clean super fast again.

It works for me!

No comments: