Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Mom's Birthday

We celebrated my mom's birthday today! It was a lot of fun. Not your typical 'mom' day, but the kids had a great time. So, that makes it fun for the whole family!

My parents came early this afternoon. I picked up Michael from school early. Then we headed over to Clara's for lunch. It's an old train station in Lansing. It's filled with memorabilia and such. They also have a train car parked to the side of the station that you can eat in. Of course, that's where we ate. We were hoping that a real train would pass by, but it never did. None the less, the food was great and the company was wonderful!

After our nostalgic lunch we headed to the R.E. Old Transportation Museum. None of us had been there before. We were all pleasantly surprised by it. If you recall, my dad works at the village section of The Henry Ford. So, it was interesting for me to learn that Oldsmobile was around before Ford. I think it has actually crushed me. I grew up learning about Henry Ford. So, naturally, I thought he was the man. I guess he still is. Anyway, the museum was quaint and a lot of fun for the kids. Maggie kept walking around yelling "Grandma, this so cool!" and "Grandpa, I so excited!". Michael was thrilled when he read the info sign about a car they called Darth Vader. It only took us about 45 minutes to tour the whole thing, but it was worth it.

I really love this stage of my life. Watching my kids learn and enjoy life is a joy. Watching them learn and enjoy life with my parents is a treasure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jule Your right it was a great day. I don't get to have such a nice meal for my birthday because everyone is out of money after Christmas, but yesterday was great. The kids did great . It is agood thing they like Musemes. They get to go to alot of them with us. Thanks again
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

It's me again. I just saw your new picture . I love it

Julie said...

It was a great day! Our evening went well too. Both kids fell asleep quickly and I think I was asleep by 10:30. Not bad for being alone!

Yea, I like the picture too. I was worried that it made me look too big in a certain area... if you know what I mean :)

Anonymous said...

By the way i"m also glad you don't live in Afghanistan any more

Jamie said...

No complaints here...if you know what I mean.