Thursday, January 31, 2008

Long Days

Michael didn't have school yesterday. It was canceled due to the weather. It was very very cold around here. I can't remember the temperature exactly... that's just how I am. I don't pay attention to those kinds of details. Just tell me if I should wear shorts or a sweater and I'll get by.

Anyhoo... So we had a great snow day (even though it didn't snow. still confused on this one, can't you tell?). We played games, watched tv, read books. It was really great!

As I was tucking Michael in for bed last night and gently kissing his head I realized that he was burning up! I took his temp and he was 101. That's high for my boy. He's like me, never runs a temp. Sure enough, he didn't feel good. So, I kept him home from school today. He's got the runny nose thing going on.

So, if you're counting, that's two days off in a row. It's not even the weekend folks.

Well, now there's talk that we're going to get some snow tonight. Again, I don't pay that much attention. But, I think they're saying 8-12 inches. Again, no clue how that greatly effects me. I'll just wake up and look outside. But, they're also saying that there is a high chance that schools will be canceled. Michael may stay home another day due to his illness or because of weather.

So, now if you're still counting, that would make 3 days off of school in a row. Now, throw in the weekend and you've got yourself a full fledge vacation! Crazy!

No comments: