Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

Last Christmas we started a new thing with our gift giving to the children. We decided to give gifts according to three categories that reflect characteristics of God. God provides for our needs, God delights in us, and God desires to have a personal relationship with us and for us to grow closer to Him.

Michael:
God provides - he got a new pair of gloves. Waterproof ones. Let me tell you, he was really really excited!
God delights - these were the 'fun' gifts. A lego set and the game Sorry!
Growth - the book titled "I'd be your Hero" by Kathryn O'Brien. Great book about godly character.

Maggie:
God provides - socks... again. I think she got some last year too.
God delights - ok, this was the big one this year. She got an entire kitchen set. My Aunt gave it to us to give to her. It's all made out of wood. Painted pink! There's a stove, sink, fridge, and hutch. 4 pieces! Plus, loads of food and dishes. So much fun!
Growth - we gave her the girl version of Michael's book called "I'd be your Princess". Love it!

That's all we got the kids. Oh, they did get a few things in their stockings. Books, snacks, hair pretties.

I like the gift giving plan. I think we'll stick to it!

No comments: