... by Lois Lowry
I decided this week to challenge myself with fast food and computer games. For the next 6 weeks I will not eat at McDonald's or Burger King nor will I play any computer games.
I'm hoping to get a better handle on my chicken nugget addiction. Also, I'm becoming very lazy around my house. Some days I've lost count of how many hours Maggie has watched tv because I'm usually sitting at the computer. I've fallen behind on my 'chores' too.
Because of this new decision I've been reading a bit more than usual. I actually read one book in one day yesterday. I know! Pretty nice, huh? Don't you wish you could have done that too? He he he
I read The Giver by Lois Lowry (I'd give you a link but I'm so not savy enough!). I really liked it! It was a quick read, obviously. It was about the world I guess. Things have been different for generations. Everyone lives a very rutioune life. Everything is decided for them by the Elders. What their job will be, who they will marry, that kind of stuff.
The ending could have been better. It just didn't explain much. I couldn't tell if he died or what. It was unclear to me. I think I'll just assume a story in my head and go with that ending.
I'm terrible at telling a story! You'll just have to look it up sometime yourself and decide if you want to read it or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Reading Don't Eat This Book by Morgan Spurlock helped cure me of ever eating Mcdonald's again! I pretty much avoid all fast food these days.
Apparently, Omnivore's Dilemma will do that on an even more extensive level. Maybe take some time to read one of these to help you out. :) The Morgan Spurlock one is probably an easier read...
anyway, good luck!
I think it's great that you reviewed a book on your blog! You should do it more often. It's fun to see what other people have read.
Karen - I just put it on hold at the library right now. I don't enjoy reading nonfiction so we'll see how far I get. Thanks for the tip!
Lisa - You would love book reviews! I just started New Moon. I hope it's good! We were talking about vampire's at lunch today (Maggie has some serious sharp teeth) Jamie said "Maybe she was bit by one of our bats". I laughed and said "Oh, that's just a myth!". As if now I'm such an expert.
That's funny!
just so you know i don't usually read (or enjoy) nonfiction either. i felt the morgan spurlock one kept my attention pretty well.
Post a Comment