Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happy at Home

I feel like a real stay-at-home-mom today. Well, not much different as far as the 'mom' part of it all. Maggie and I have done our normal daily thing together. But the 'at home' part feels... homey.

I decided to wear an apron. I've read a lot lately about dressing for your job. An apron seemed to make sense for me. I wondered if it would make me feel more motivated and feel more purposeful in my daily ruteine. It helped that I found one at the thrift store last week and a cute one at my moms. I think it did it's job!

I wanted to make something for Michael's teacher at school. She has some challenging students to deal with. No, Michael isn't one of them :) He is considered one of the loud and talkative ones though. She works very hard each day to teach the kids stuff. Not only about maps and calendars, but also about behavior. Respect. Self-control. Kindness.

I decided to make granola. I know it's not your typical teacher gift, but I tried some and it's really yummy so I hope she likes it too!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I think it's great that you made something for Michael's teacher! It was always great to get consumables when Mark was teaching. :) And I agree--dressing for what you're doing (or WANT to do) helps a lot. Flylady (www.flylady.net) recommends always putting on your shoes--it helps you get more done!

Anonymous said...

hEY jULE tHATS A GREAT IDEA . sOUNDS NICE .
MOM

Jamie said...

I would just like to note that I had absolutely nothing to do with Julie's decision to wear an apron.

Danielle said...

Hi!
I actually live in the Port Huron, area about an hour and a half away. I don't believe I've been to that particular festival. But it's possible we've met...Michigan isn't that large after all:)

God bless you and your family!

Danielle (the shoe;)

Danielle said...

Yes, so I definitely wasn't there!:) Too funny.

It is however, very nice to meet you on the internet.
Danielle