While talking with my mom today she mentioned to me *again* that it's been awhile since I've blogged. She was going to comment that I must have had a really long date night :)
It's been a little busy around here. Nothing too dramatic, but enough to make me sleepy at night and cranky during the day. I'm in that stage of life that everything I do takes forever. I am constantly interrupted. Something that I've never gotten used to. I'm tired mentally. Always being on my toes. Always having to be the patient one. Always trying to pay attention to the words coming out of my mouth. Yet, I'm so thankful for my children and the path that I'm on right now!
We signed Michael up for soccer camp this week. It's only for a few hours each morning, but it's nice to get him moving each day. He's loving it! Maggie and I run errands while he's there. We've been getting a lot done.
We went to his school today for pictures (they wear and ID badge) and to fill out all the possible forms. I like the fact that I get it all done and over with in one sitting. I was bummed (for Michael's sake) when we ran into his kindergarten teacher. I said hi. She didn't even look at Michael. Maybe she didn't recognize me. But I thought for sure she would have doted on Michael at least a little. Oh, well.
We're applying for the reduced lunch program. I'm praying that we qualify for it. Although, from looking at the income chart, Jamie makes $200 too much per year. But, I'm praying that once they put our numbers into the data base that it will all work out. It really comes down to the fact that I'm lazy. I don't want to have to make him a lunch everyday. I think I could, and I would if I had to. But, it sound so nice and easy to just have someone else do the work. After looking at the menu, I wonder if I should just make it. Their idea of wholesome nutritious meals is not the same as my idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I used to get reduced lunch at school. So I had a lunchcard, but I still took like $1 something to buy lunch with. Little known fact: I bought a chocolate ice cream sandwich every day for 50 cents and saved the rest of the money. ha! :)
Post a Comment