Lisa tagged me with this challenge... list seven things about yourself that most people may not know. So, I'll give it a go!
1. I like a quiet house. No tv, no radio, no talking. Just the sound of the faucet dripping and the fridge running.
2. I'm a very jumpy person. Anything and everything startles me. Bugs, thunder, fireworks, you name it, it makes me jump.
3. (This could be a lengthy one) I'm in a Bible study / weight loss program called 1st Place. The basic principle of it is putting Christ first in all areas of your life. Spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional. I follow an eating plan (at least try to), exercise regularly, read my Bible regularly, pray often, and memorize scripture. There are actually 9 commitments that I am striving towards to bring me closer to Jesus. Also, I'm learning how my body is really God's temple. That I don't own it. It belongs to God. But, it's up to me to take care of it. I haven't lost a ton of weight on the program, but I'm learning about balance in all areas of my life.
4. I love watching HGTV. We don't have cable at our house currently, but every chance I get that is my first choice in channels. I could watch decorating shows all day. And I have! I love the ideas. It inspires me to clean, organize, or decorated my house. Funny though, most of my 'great' ideas stay as ideas. I'm still mulling over a few projects in my head and have yet to begin them.
5. One of the first cars that I drove when I was younger was an old Chrysler. I had to sit on a pillow to see over the dash. It had an 8 track player in it. I would listen to the Star Wars sound track on my way to work... which was a Chrysler car dealership.
6. I am terrified of balloons.
7. Have you ever seen the kids show "Zoom"? They have a segment where they say 'Fannee Doolee's'. I like fannee doolee's. Here's one for you: I love Maggie, but I don't like kids. Why is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
1.) me too! i love music, so one would think i'd play music all day. but i love love love the quiet.
7.) simon used to watch zoom! he loved it. i don't think they show it here anymore.
(i'm the same way about kids. i think it's because maggie is YOURS.)
I love balloons, but they sometimes freak me out, too. But that's because I have an anticipation disorder (diagnosed myself). I keep waiting for them to pop!
They don't show Zoom around here anymore, either. Wonder what happened...
Anticipation disorder' that is totally me! When we had bat last year, I couldn't sleep because I was just waiting for one to show up. I jerked non-stop! Also, I hate getting my blood taken. It's all the anticipation!
It makes me laugh that you say you like MAGGIE, but not kids. What about Michael? :)
Of course I love Michael you goof! But, 'michael' doesn't fit into the fannee doolee game!
It is the double letter game! RIGHT? We play that to annoy the kids on big trips with church...no one ever like jana! ;)
It is the double letter game! RIGHT? We play that to annoy the kids on big trips with church...no one ever like jana! ;)
Anticipation disorder...that is funny. LOL. I may have to use that...I will give proper credit though. ;)
Those were great, Julie. :) Not stupid at all!! Ha, ha.
Thanks for sharing, Julie! I never was very good at Fannee Doolees, so I'm glad someone else figured it out!
oh. ha! i forgot how the fannee doolee game worked. :D
Post a Comment