We headed to Livonia to spend some time with my mom for Mother's Day. Also, to celebrate my sister, Leslie's, birthday, my niece and nephew Lindsay and Derek's birthday's, and Jamie's birthday. Crazy!
The weather was great so the kids were able to play outside a lot. We ate lots of good food and had a great time celebrating with our family!
Sunday was my day. It was great! Jamie got the kids dressed and ready for church before I was even out of bed! (This is a huge thing for our family. Not because Jamie isn't capable of doing this sort of chore. He works for a church, so Sunday's are his biggest work day. I usually have the role of single mom on Sunday's.)
Michael made me breakfast. A bowl of honey nut cheerio's. It was the best cereal I've ever had!
We went to church. It was a great service! Our church does a good job at focusing on ALL women for Mother's Day. Not just mothers. I liked it.
After church the four of us went to lunch at Chili's. The kids were amazing at the restaurant! They actually ate all of their food and they were very well behaved.
Then, we went shopping for flowers for our gardens. I picked out some impatiens for the bed under the back deck and a hanging basket of double impatiens for the weird corner down our driveway. I planted them that afternoon. They look good so far!
I had a great time with my extended family and also my little family unit. It was relaxing and so enjoyable.
Just a side note... I'm pretty sure Rob Dale said that is was going to be upper 70's this afternoon. So why is it so cold in here? I had to bump up the thermostat to kick the heat on. I sent Michael to school wearing shorts. He's going to be cold!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! It's always fun to have someone make you breakfast (even if it is H-N Cheerios).
:)
I really liked Time Traveler's Wife - I thought it was unique and interesting (definitely not exactly a Christian book - but still some neat themes).
And Sacred Marriage is great. It's so full of stuff to think about - don't be afraid to read it slowly. I liked it so much that I wanted to read it quickly, but it was almost too much to process.
Happy reading!!
Post a Comment