Our Christmas season was wonderfully excellent!
Christmas Eve morning I woke up with a little cold. We went to church. Came home and took naps. Went to our church for our Christmas Eve evening service. I didn't feel good at all by then. We usually have a few people over that night, but I wasn't feeling up to it. Tom came over and we did manage to get a few games of Settlers in.
Christmas day was relaxing and... lovely. I made a quick breakfast, my in-laws came over, and we all ate and opened presents together. Michael seemed to like the whole gift giving reason thing. I think we'll continue doing that in the years to come.
We were also able to travel to my parents house that day and see some more family. It was nice hanging out with everyone.
Then, all of the Wetzels came to town! It was so much fun! We hung out with everyone just about everyday for a week. We went to Caesar Land, shopping, watched movies, played Settlers, exercised together.... lots of fun stuff. It was a lot of fun for the kids too. There are now 8 grandkids. They all got along well and learned some new 'things' from each other. Maggie says "yea" all the time like a third grader and talks about baby Isaac and Frodo just about every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tell Maggie that Frodo says hi! He slept for like a week straight. Those kids wore him out, but he had a blast! I did, too!
Our Christmas and New Year's Eves just were not the same without you. We missed those sweet times and wish that we could be together. Love you lots. (andrea)
By the way, Andrea, Happy Anniversary! I hope is was special and swell and a good reminder of your two lives becoming one!
Post a Comment