Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rainy Day

It's pouring rain outside today. And, it's suppose to all day. I talked with my sister, Leslie, and she gave me some good science ideas to try with Michael. So, we'll be spending some good quality time together. Although, he's in the kitchen playing with 'slime' and I'm in here blogging about it. Guess I better get back to him :)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I bet my girls would love slime! Did you make it yourself? Can I have the recipe (if you made it, that is...)?

I love rain. Maybe because we never get it out here and I miss it. Growing up in Michigan, rain was just a fact of life. I wish it would rain more often out here, but it hardly ever does.

Katie said...

Slime - did you just use corn starch, water and food coloring? We used to do that when we were kids - it was fun!!

Julie said...

Yes, I just mixed corn starch with water. No food coloring. I know that's a staple for most kitchens, but I've never found a need for it. Anyway, no measuring involved. You know that you've got it when you try to slap it and it doesn't splatter. It was fun! We made a huge mess! But, it was very easy to clean up. Michael even put toys in it to watch them slowly sink.

Scott said...

you can always do the classic vinegar and baking soda mixture :)

Julie said...

We have tried vinagar and baking soda. That's a lot of fun too! I'm still so proud of myself for letting Michael be a kid :) The kitchen was trashed! And, we were having company that night too.